Lemon turmeric energy bites are a seriously delicious (no-bake) healthy snack. One bite of citrus perfection, combining the perfect balance of protein and fat to help you feel full and satisfied. They taste like lemon cake bites, you are going to love them!
This recipe for no-bake lemon turmeric energy bites was born out of my general dislike for protein bars. I have a ton of clients and friends and family (sis-in-law this one is for you!) that are borderline obsessed with bars. They aren’t my favorite. I do love the convenience, especially when you need a super quick bite post workout or between client sessions.
Lemon turmeric energy bites, to the rescue. Far superior to a protein bar, IMHO, but packing all the same benefits. Filled with super healthy ingredients like turmeric, nuts and coconut that boost anti-inflammatory properties and encourage overall health and vitality. These no-bake energy bites are gluten-free, paleo, vegan, and 100% sugar-free.
There are only 6 simple wholesome ingredients in this recipe and not one of those is sugar. Not even a natural sugar like maple syrup, honey, dates, stevia, or monk fruit.
Instant snacking that’s what this moment is all about. Grab one of these babies and POW! You are instantly revived and ready to rock!
Portable, delicious, nutritious, perfectly lemony. What more do you need?
Nutritional Benefit of Lemon-Turmeric Energy Bites
- Only wholesome real food ingredients with 78 calories per bite
- Turmeric is anti-inflammatory a strong anti-0xidant boosting anti-cancer properties
- Lemon is loaded with vitamin C!
- Cashews, walnuts, and pecans are heart healthy and full of fiber
- Coconut supports immune health and improves digestive capacity of essential nutrients
- Collagen peptides is an excellent source of protein and also beneficial for gut health!
All of that goodness plus these little zesty tangy bites are seriously delicious!
I made these lemon turmeric energy bites for a recent class I taught called “snack rehab” as proof that snacking doesn’t need to involve sugar. I’m happy to report they were a huge hit! I can’t wait for you to try them. If you do, don’t forget to tag your recipe with #abraskitchen on Instagram!
No-Bake Lemon Turmeric Energy Bites (AKA Fat Balls)
Lemon turmeric energy bites are a seriously delicious healthy snack. One bite of citrus perfection, combining the perfect balance of protein and fat to help you feel full and satisfied.
- shredded coconut and lemon zest (about 1 tsp lemon zest and 1/4 cup shredded coconut)
In the bowl of a food processor pulse nuts until they resemble a dry flour. Add all remaining ingredients and pulse until resembling a dough. (note: if your coconut butter is super firm you may need to heat it to add to the mixture)
Roll dough into small balls between the palms of your hand, roll in shredded coconut and lemon zest.
As you roll dough it will produce more oil, I gently rolled the balls over a paper towel to remove some of the oil and then rolled in coconut and lemon.
Store in airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 weeks, but they will never last that long 😉
- Make sure to use unsweetened shredded coconut
- If you don't have coconut butter, coconut oil will also work but will produce a different texture
- I used collagen peptides as my protein powder but you could easily sub for a vegan protein powder or leave it out entirely
- Nutrition information is based on 1 energy bite
More Turmeric Recipes You May Love:
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂