A collection of anti-inflammatory recipes. These recipes are chock full of powerhouse functional foods that reduce inflammation and support overall health and wellbeing. And not only are these anti-inflammatory recipes oh so healthy and healing, but they are guaranteed delicious!
For more anti-inflammatory foods check out my 7-day anti-inflammatory Mediterranean meal plan.
An anti-inflammatory diet is based on limiting your body’s exposure to foreign antigens while increasing the intake of beneficial nutrients especially nutrients that have anti-inflammatory effects. And that’s exactly what these recipes are all about: wholesome dishes that are good sources of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, probiotics, and anti-inflammatory fatty acids. You know, all the good stuff! Also… every single recipe is bonafide DELICIOUS!
A FEW OF MY FAVORITE ANTI-INFLAMMATORY FOODS:
- Berries – blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries contain antioxidants called anthocyanins which are compounds that have a potent anti-inflammatory effect
- Cruciferous Vegetables – Broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbage, and arugula (to name a few) belong to the cruciferous class of vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables contain a host of antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory effects on the body. Sulforaphane, one of these potent antioxidants, reduces cytokine activity in the body which drives inflammation
- Green Tea – Contains EGCG (epigallocatechin) a potent anti-inflammatory antioxidant.
- Turmeric – Curcumin is the active constituent in turmeric that provides its potent anti-inflammatory superpower.
- Fatty Fish – Hello omega-3 fatty acids! Salmon, tuna, and sardines are great sources of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids.
Still with me? Good! Let's get cooking…
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SOUP & SALAD RECIPES
Let's kick things off with anti-inflammatory soups and salads! These hearty and nourishing recipes are loaded with delish ingredients that will satisfy your taste buds and provide a boost of anti-inflammatory antioxidants. Enjoy a refreshing salad or cozy up with a warming bowl of soup!
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY SNACK RECIPES
Snack attack! Looking for a quick anti-inflammatory fix? Here are some no-fuss snack recipes you can enjoy for a little nosh.
SPICED SUPER SEED SALAD TOPPER – great for a quick snack or top yogurt or salad.
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY LUNCH & DINNER RECIPES
It's finally time for the main course! Here are some flavorful and nutrient-rich anti-inflammatory recipes you can make for lunch and dinner.
I hope you loved these Healthy and Delicious Anti-Inflammatory Recipes. If you make any of them snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @abrapappa or use the hashtag #abraskitchen so I can feature your photo!
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂