The Ketogenic diet is a high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate dietary protocol. This healthy 7- day Keto meal plan is dairy-free and high in fiber (lots of veggies) and full of delicious supportive recipes. Including a downloadable pdf with a grocery list, nutritional analysis, and recipes.
I’m back with another dietary specific meal plan for you. A high fiber, dairy-free, mostly plants ketogenic diet meal plan. Let’s jump right in.
Disclaimer: I have a very inclusive philosophy around food and truly believe that all foods fit into a healthy lifestyle. In sharing these meal plans I hope to support and encourage you to add more nutrient-dense foods into your life in a way that is accessible and easy.
Each month I will feature a specific therapeutic food protocol, not because I think it is “the best one” or the way you should always eat, but rather to introduce the benefits of a multitude of healthy dietary styles. If reading meal plans or dietary theory is triggering for you please skip this post.
This does not substitute for medical advice and I do not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek diagnosis, treatment, and advice from qualified providers based on your condition.
The ketogenic, or keto, diet is all the rage right now. Trending beyond trending. Let’s break it down.
In this article, we will cover:
- What is the ketogenic diet
- Who is the ketogenic diet appropriate for?
- Who Shouldn’t do the keto diet?
- Is there any danger to doing the ketogenic diet?
- What foods can I eat on the ketogenic diet?
- How many carbs can I eat per day on a keto diet?
- Most importantly we will dive into a 7-day complete ketogenic diet. that is dairy-free and high fiber.
HOW TO USE THIS DAIRY FREE KETO MEAL PLAN:
There are 2 ways you can enjoy this healthy keto meal plan:
- Scroll through this post to find all of the recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and, snacks. Some recipes are hyperlinked to the full recipe on the blog, other recipes are written out within this post (if they have not been previously published on Abra’s Kitchen). This is a 7-day meal plan, including delicious, wholesome, health-supportive foods.
- Your other option is to upgrade to the full comprehensive pdf version for $4.00
The comprehensive pdf version of this meal plan includes:
- Detailed meal schedule
- Full nutritional analysis
- Complete Grocery list
- All complete recipes
- Downloadable as an easy to read and implement PDF that you can print out and take directly to the grocery store, or open on your phone for easy instructions.
WHAT IS THE KETOGENIC DIET?
Often referred to as the “Keto” diet, the ketogenic dietary protocol is a high fat, low carbohydrate, moderate protein diet. Typically 50-70% of your daily calories will come from fat. The ketogenic diet is not a new trend, in fact, it has been used as a therapeutic diet for epilepsy and seizures since the 1920s.
Despite what you may read online, the keto diet is not a heavy cream and steak diet. In fact, when using this protocol therapeutically in my nutrition practice I’ve found it to be most successful when dairy is also eliminated.
Nutritionally when executing a ketogenic diet the goal is to shift your metabolism from relying on carbohydrates and insulin for energy metabolism to relying on fat and ketones by stimulating a process called beta-oxidation. The goal is to increase the number of ketones in circulation.
Relying on fat stores (ketones for metabolism) is a backup survival mechanism. Historically humans that could fast longer were the ones that passed on their genes.