Tender chicken thighs bathed in a delicious sticky apricot ginger sauce, easily prepared in the instant pot with steamed baby bok choy. A few simple wholesome ingredients, dinner is ready in 20 minutes!
It is all about those thighs!
I have officially stopped purchasing chicken breast and have a freezer stocked with chicken thighs, thanks to this Instant Pot.
Have you made chicken thighs in the Instant Pot yet? If not, this is your starter recipe and once you are hooked you can thank me.
Ready in 20 minutes, full of flavor, quick and healthy – you know that’s my style.
Let’s get cooking!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHICKEN THIGHS WITH AN APRICOT GINGER SAUCE
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs – It is always my preference to use organic pasture-raised chicken.
- Apricot jam – I used a low sugar apricot jam from Trader Joe’s but I’ve also tested the recipe with a more traditional apricot jam.
- Coconut aminos – Soy and gluten-free soy sauce, you can also use traditional soy sauce or tamari
- Freshly grated ginger and turmeric – you can certainly sub dried turmeric for fresh (it’s not always easy to find), but fresh ginger is essential.
- Fresh garlic – Lot’s of it, because…garlic.
- Baby bok choy – You can really use any veggie that you like, the bok choy will be steamed in the instant pot.
TOOL’S YOU’LL NEED FOR THIS RECIPE:
- Instant Pot – or any pressure cooker you like