A nutritious and delicious crunchy salad topper that adds protein, fiber, and healthy fat to any salad! Spiced super seed salad topper also works as a quick snack.
Bored with salads? I've got your back!
Meet my newest friend in the Abra's Kitchen arsenal of flavor (and health) boosters.
The Super Seed Salad Topper!
Think crunchy seeds that are both spicy and sweet and a little salty. Sprinkled on ho-hum salads turning then into hmm… yummmmmm salads!
This recipe couldn't be easier and I promise from now on you will always have a little jar in your refrigerator ready to go.
Let's Get Cooking!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- Pumpkin, Sesame, Sunflower, Flax, Chia, and Hemp Seeds – you can use all or a combination of any of these seeds.
- Coconut or Avocado Oil
- Coconut Palm Sugar – or brown sugar
- Cayenne – for a little pinch of spicy!
- Sea Salt
TOOLS YOU WILL USE:
- Large sheet pan
- Parchment paper
NUTRITION NERD CORNER 🤓
Let's Talk About Seeds!
Pumpkin, Sunflower, Sesame, Hemp, Chia, and Flaxseeds, small and mighty powerhouses of nutrition!
All seeds are great sources of protein, heart-healthy fat, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are an easy addition to your diet and a wonderful way to add a variety of nutrients.
Each seed provides a bit of a different nutrient profile, which is why I like mixing them.
HERE ARE SOME GREAT WAYS TO USE A SUPER SEED TOPPER!
- On your salad – duh! 🙂 This seed topper would be delicious on just about any salad but is extra delicious on this Greek Crunch Salad
- Snack – Yup, just grab a handful and you are good to go!
- Yogurt parfait – This is better than any granola out there, in my humble opinion.
- Hummus topper – Sprinkle some on top of hummus for a serious treat.
DIETARY MODIFICATIONS FOR THIS RECIPE:
This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, paleo, low-fodmap (eliminate the sugar), and Keto friendly (eliminate the sugar)
MORE DELICIOUS SNACK RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
I can’t wait for you to try this Super Seed Salad Topper! When you make it, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @abrapappa or use the hashtag #abraskitchen so I can feature your photo!
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate and leave a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Super Seed Salad Topper
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all seeds with coconut oil, salt, coconut palm sugar, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Roast in a 300° oven for 15 minutes
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Seeds - you can use any variety of seeds that you like
- Spices - I love a little hint of spicy, sweet, and salty - but you can eliminate any one of those flavors
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂