INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE HEALTHY SHEET PAN SALMON DINNER:
This is not the complete list but a highlight of the main ingredients used to make this recipe
- Wild Salmon
- Panko breadcrumbs (or gluten-free breadcrumbs if gluten-free, or almond flour if paleo)
- Sriracha sauce
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper
TOOLS YOU'LL NEED
HOW TO MAKE SPICY CRUNCHY SALMON:
Can you guess what my favorite sushi roll is? I gave a really big clue in the name of this recipe! If you guessed “spicy crunchy salmon rolls” you are the winner!
I mean how delicious is a spicy crunchy roll? Well, I wanted to recreate that deliciousness in an easy to make sheet pan dinner at home.
- Make a spicy mayo sauce. I simply combine mayo (I love primal kitchen avocado mayonnaise, but use whatever mayo you like), sriracha sauce or the hot sauce of your choice, and a little bit of lime juice.
- Spread that mayo on top of the fish and then coat with crunchy panko breadcrumbs.
WHAT OTHER WILD SALMON RECIPES ARE THERE?
- Wild Salmon Chowder – This is one of my all-time favorite recipes from 2019. Creamy chowder with fennel, potatoes, and fresh dill with tender flaky pieces of wild salmon. You have to give this a try!
- Poached Salmon with Pesto Pasta – Have you tried poaching salmon? It is my favorite way to meal prep salmon. It stays tender and juicy and you can eat it cold or warm. In this recipe, I toss poached salmon with a homemade dairy-free avocado dill pesto and pasta. YUM!
- Mediterranean Salmon with Zucchini Noodles (Sheet Pan) – Another sheet pan salmon masterpiece! This time the salmon is coated in Mediterranean spices and then nestled on top of zucchini noodles, olives, and tomatoes.
TWO IMPORTANT REASONS TO CHOOSE WILD SALMON OVER FARMED:
Of all the facts and information I have forgotten since graduating from my master’s program there is one food fact that I will never forget, farmed salmon is the most contaminated food in our food supply.
- Farmed salmon contains high levels of PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and dioxins. Both of these chemicals are considered persistent organic pollutants, and typically have a half-life of over 15 years (the amount of time it will take for 50% of the chemical to leave your body). Farmed fish on average contain upwards of 10x the amount of POPs (Persistent Organic Pollutants) than wild fish. Dietary exposure to these pollutants has been linked to an increased risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, infertility, and more.
- The ratio of 0mega-3 to omega-6 is better in wild salmon. Higher levels of omega 3 fats have an anti-inflammatory effect while omega 6 can be pro-inflammatory.
HOW TO SERVE SPICY CRUNCHY SALMON SHEET PAN DINNER:
The genius of a sheet pan dinner is that everything is made on, you guessed it, a sheet pan. Clean up is super easy, and the entire meal is a no-muss, no-fuss masterpiece.
For this salmon sheet pan dinner, I couldn't resist making some tangy sesame cucumbers on the side. The cooling cucumbers with the spicy crunchy salmon and lime-scented broccoli – OMG, I want to run into the kitchen and make this right now!
The cucumber salad is great for leftovers the next day.
I hope you love this recipe for spicy crunchy salmon and broccoli sheet pan dinner! If you make it be sure to tag me, @abrapappa on Instagram so I can see your masterpiece!
Spicy Crunchy Salmon and Broccoli Sheet Pan Meal
A healthy complete dinner prepared on one sheet pan. Heart-healthy wild salmon and perfectly roasted antioxidant-rich broccoli.
Sesame Cucumber Salad
- 3 cups sliced cucumber about 4 small Kirby cucumbers
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°
In a medium bowl toss together broccoli florets, olive oil, lime zest, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange on a large baking sheet and place in oven for 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Feel free to add an extra squeeze of fresh lime juice onto each piece of salmon.
Sesame Cucumber Salad
In a medium bowl whisk together sesame oil and rice wine vinegar, toss cucumbers in dressing and top with crushed red pepper and toasted sesame seeds.
Cook Time for Salmon, this is for a 4-6 ounce piece of salmon. If you use a larger filet you may need to increase cooking time slighlty. Wild salmon cooks quickly and can become dry quite easily. My recommendation is to undercook slightly to retain moisture.
- 6 minutes for rare
- 8 minutes for medium-rare
- 10 minutes for medium
- 12 minutes for medium well salmon (I don't recommend cooking beyond 15 minutes)
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂