The best gluten free pumpkin oatmeal cookies defy everything that a gluten-free cookie was before. Moist, cakey, and truly addictive, drizzled with a fiercely ginger maple glaze. Oh man, you need to make these!
I just want to live in a world where it is perfectly acceptable to eat pumpkin baked goods every day. A world where pumpkin oatmeal cookies are always on the menu. A world where it is a priority, NO, it is our god given right to bake pumpkin themed everything and not give a damn about it.
This world I speak of, I do live in it. I created it. Since Septemeber, there has been pumpkin everything coming out of my kitchen and I. Am. Not. Sorry.
With only a few days left in October, I feel this mad fury to post all of my pumpkin recipes, but I am going to take my time because pumpkin deserves more than a mere month, it is a season dammit!
Today I am gifting you with a cookie that is not only delicious but super easy to make. Grab your blender and ONE bowl. That's right ONE bowl and get to work. In less than 5 minutes your house will smell like fall heaven.
Pumpkin, molasses, oats, and a ginger maple glaze creates a cookie that is the very essence of all things fall, all things pumpkin, and all things right with the world. The secret to the moistest gluten free cookie you've ever had? Almond butter. Yup, just 1/4 cup of almond butter blended into the batter transforms this cookie into a moist cake like fall delight, not a sandy dry typical gluten free cookie. Nope, not in my kitchen!
Ok, I'll stop bragging about it, you just have to promise me you'll make this one. The perfect little treat for the kiddos during this pumpkin loving season.
Thanks for reading Abra's Kitchen! To see what goodness I'm whipping up be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. If you make this recipe tag #abraskitchen on Instagram so I can see your creation 🙂
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies with a Maple Ginger Glaze
The best gluten-free pumpkin oatmeal cookies defy everything that a gluten-free cookie was before. Moist, cakey, and truly addictive, drizzled with a fiercely ginger maple glaze. Oh man, you need to make these!
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place all wet ingredients in high power blender and blend until well combined, the mixture will be quite thick. (note: the 1/2 cup rolled oats as a wet ingredient is not a mistake, blend the oats with the other wet ingredients to break them down)
- In a medium size bowl whisk together all dry ingredients
- Stir contents of blender into bowl with dry ingredients, stir until well combined.
- Drop cookie dough onto baking sheet in 1 tbsp drops. Bake for 12-14 minutes
- In the meantime prepare the glaze, grate fresh ginger into a small pan with 2 tbsp maple syrup. Cook on medium stirring frequently until syrup thickens.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool, before serving drizzle with syrup.
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂