You are going to love this Green Goddess Ricotta Dip! Creamy ricotta cheese with fresh herbs, garlic, and olive oil. Simple enough to throw together at a moment's notice, delicious enough to make over and over again. Serve with fresh seasonal veggies!
A good dip changes everything.
- A gorgeous plate of veggies – better with a delicious dip
- Crackers – better with a dip
- Side of roasted veg – dip me!
- Grilled chicken or fish – dip it up!
I've been using this dip all month long on just about everything. It's a simple recipe. Simple and really, really good.
The kind of recipe to have in your back pocket for when friends arrive out of the blue (I can't wait for that to be a reality again!) or for snacking while making dinner, or for a simple healthy lunch.
Let's Get Cooking – well whipping, no cooking required.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- Ricotta Cheese – This ingredient will make or break this recipe. You want good quality whole-milk ricotta cheese. If you have access to fresh ricotta that would be ideal.
- Fresh Herbs – Dill, chives, tarragon, basil, and parsley – a selection of all or just your favorites.
- Garlic – Fresh, 1 clove.
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
TOOLS YOU WILL USE:
HOW TO MAKE WHIPPED RICOTTA DIP WITH FRESH HERBS:
Friends, this is a 2-minute recipe and it truly couldn't be easier.
- Start with good ricotta cheese, add it to the bowl of a food processor with fresh herbs and garlic and process until whipped and smooth.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
Bam. That's it.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS FOR RICOTTA DIP:
- A big gorgeous platter of crudites. Yes, veggies will absolutely shine when in the presence of this dip!
- Spread on crackers, top with diced beets (photo proof below)
- Use in place of mayonnaise in a simple turkey or chicken sandwich
- Toast a bagel, spread with green goddess ricotta, top with smoked salmon, fresh tomato and cucumber
NUTRITION NERD CORNER 🤓
Let's talk about dairy products
The dairy discussion is a long one and like all topics in nutrition science, it's nuanced. There are many practitioners in my field that blatantly dismiss dairy as unhealthy and recommend removal for all of their clients. I am not in that camp.
Personally, I do quite well with small amounts of high-quality dairy in my diet. I do have clients that don't tolerate dairy, ultimately it is a food ingredient that warrants investigation.
I love to investigate over a HUGE cheese plate 🙂
My recommendation is to upgrade the quality of the dairy you are eating, ideally opting for organic, and take the time to become inquisitive to see how you feel when you eat it.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegetarian. Due to the simplicity of the recipe, I can't recommend any dietary modifications.
MORE DIP RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
I hope you love this Green Goddess Ricotta Dip! If you make it sure to tag me @abrapappa on Instagram so I can share your photo!
Green Goddess Ricotta Dip
Creamy ricotta cheese with fresh herbs, garlic, and olive oil. Simple enough to throw together at a moment's notice, delicious enough to make over and over again.
In the bowl of a food processor combine ricotta cheese, fresh herbs, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Process until well combined, smooth and whipped. Add more olive oil if consistency is too thick.
Serve with fresh veggies.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂