A festive healthy fruit and dessert board loaded with seasonal fruits, nuts, chocolate, and a heavenly whipped honey lime ricotta dip. The perfect party platter to wow your friends and family.
This post is sponsored by Stop and Shop, thank you for supporting the brands that support Abra’s Kitchen. As always all thoughts, opinions, recipes, and musings are my own.
Are you ready for a serious celebration? It involves juicy sweet seasonal fruit, chocolate, and a decadent and delicious creamy honey-lime ricotta fruit dip.
I have made it my job recently to create big gorgeous charcuterie/ veggie/ cheese/ dip boards of all kinds for family parties. Boards like this are trending on Instagram and in my prediction quickly heading into fame land of avocado toast 🙂 I am into the “board” trend, it’s an easy, no-fuss, impressive way to entertain.
Easy, no-fuss is exactly what I am looking for when celebrating the 4th of July.
As a matter of fact a cozy special evening in sounds like the perfect plan for the 4th. An unconventional way to celebrate? Yes.
If you are a dog parent though, you may know where this is headed.
Penelope, my pup, has changed the way we celebrate the 4th. What used to be a day reserved for parties, picnics, sparklers, fireworks, and BBQs, has now turned into a quieter, peace-seeking holiday.
After the fifth year in a row of finding Penelope on the bathroom floor of my mother’s house shaking and scared (Yes, I plopped down right next to her, brought her blankie, and spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom. With my dog. No judgement), I decided things had to change.
Last year we stayed home in the city, but far away from the NYC fireworks. It was the easiest 4th ever.
So the new 4th of July tradition is a family day in the city.
We will spend the afternoon in the park (P’s favorite place), and then before the sun goes down and the snap, crackle, pop begins, we head home for our own patriotic celebration which obviously includes this huge red, white, and blue dessert platter!
Peapod by Stop & Shop Made this Possible!
I used Peapod by Stop & Shop for my 4th of July groceries. I was thrilled to be home for the holiday, but lugging groceries around the city is not fun, and not stress-free. Peapod made grocery shopping effortless. I was able to place my order a few days in advance and have the groceries delivered on my preferred day. There were a ton of delivery windows available, which was a total win! I was thrilled to find that Peapod had a huge selection of organic fruits, tropical fruits, chocolates, organic nuts, and that perfect Ricotta cheese to make my honey lime ricotta fruit dip.
Watch this quick video to see how I easily arrange all of the fruit, chocolate, and nutsThis entire board was made from my one grocery delivery from Peapod! (With the exception of that pink chocolate, I had some of that lying around and just had to use it!).
Here is What I Thought About the Peapod Experience:
New Yorkers are no strangers to the online grocery shopping game, in fact, when you live in this bizarre city you get accustomed to the idea that you can have anything you want at any time of the day. Fancy a fish wrapped in a banana leaf at 1 am? You’ll find it somewhere.
Just because we have options for grocery shopping online doesn’t mean that all of those options are ideal, so I was thrilled to try out Peapod and see how I like it.
Best Peapod Features:
- Super easy navigation. I was able to place my entire order in under 10 minutes. I timed it 🙂
- An amazing organic selection that was clearly labeled. I was able to quickly navigate to the organic section and begin adding items to my cart.
- A wide selection of delivery windows available.
- Constant communication. I knew 24 hours before my order was scheduled to arrive that I could still edit the order, and the day of I was notified by text message to update me on the status of my delivery.
- Great produce! I was thrilled with the organic produce that arrived. Everything was super fresh and delicious.
- I was able to find some harder to get tropical fruits (which I love adding to a fruit board!)
Ready to make this fruit board? Let’s go!
How to Make an Easy Red, White, and Blue Fruit Board:
- Start with seasonal fruits that you and your family love.
- Add in some fun new tropical fruits that you’ve never tried before (It makes for great party conversation!)
- Make at least one fun fruit dip, like this honey lime ricotta dip. You can also make a vanilla greek yogurt dip, a chocolate dip, or a tropical coconut pineapple dip (think pina colada but thicker!)
- Break up bars of chocolate and add them to the board.
- Make a few fruit skewers for easy eating – I made these star sparkler fruit skewers, how cute are they!
- Add a variety of raw nuts to fill in the gaps, cashews, pistachios, walnuts, or pecans are a great option.
- When you think the board is full, add some more! I love the look of an overflowing festive platter.
I hope you love this dessert charcuterie board. If you make a version of this don’t forget to tag me @abrapappa on Instagram so I can see your creation 🙂
A big thank you to Stop & Shop for sponsoring this post, and providing all of the gorgeous food product that created this red, white, and blue dessert board.
Red, White, and Blue Fruit Board
A festive healthy fruit and dessert board loaded with seasonal fruits, nuts, chocolate, and a heavenly whipped lime honey ricotta dip.
- lychee nuts
- guava fruit
- passion fruit
- pistachio nuts
- assorted chocolates
- fresh mint
Whipped Honey-Lime Ricotta Dip
- 15 ounces whole fat ricotta
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Arrange all fruit, nuts, and chocolate on a board
To make watermelon sparkler skewers: Slice watermelon in 1.5 inch thick slices. Using a small star shaped cookie cutter cut out watermelon stars.
Thread several blueberries onto a skewer and finish with a watermelon star.
Whipped Honey-Lime Ricotta Dip
Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor, whip until super creamy. Spoon into a bowl and place on your fruit board.
You May Also Like These Healthy Dessert Ideas:
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂