Gooey rich and decadent tahini chocolate chip cookie made in a skillet. A giant cookie that is sure to bring a smile to your face! Real food, gluten-free, no flour, and no refined sugar.
What you need for this recipe: tahini, chickpeas, chocolate chips, coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar), eggs, vanilla, sea salt.
Today is a celebration of skillet cookies, more accurately it's a celebration of my discovery of skillet cookies.
I mean SKILLET COOKIES! Where have you been all my life?
Cookies are potentially my favorite treat in the whole wide world, but a giant cookie that I can eat with a spoon? Yes. Yes. Yes. Where do I sign up?
I've had this bee in my bonnet about creating a skillet cookie from chickpeas and tahini. I have been slightly tahini/ chickpea obsessed since returning from my trip to Israel a few months ago.
This tahini chocolate chip cookie is, in a word, AHHHHHHHHHH!
That's not exactly a word, but it is a feeling.
Although it may sound odd to make a cookie from chickpeas and tahini I will forever compare all cookies to this one.
Decadent, rich, ooey, gooey. This is not a crunchy cookie, it is a melt in your mouth, must eat it with a spoon kind of cookie
Reasons why you should make this skillet cookie:
- The batter is made in the food processor (or a blender would work), so the clean up is super easy!
- You don't have to form individual cookies, just pour into an 8-inch cast iron skillet and you are ready to go!
- It's made from all real food: chickpeas, tahini, chocolate, eggs, and coconut palm sugar
- It takes literally 4 minutes to whip up! (and then some time in the oven)
- There is a tahini-maple drizzle on top that could potentially change your life
- You can top it with vanilla ice cream. You can, and you should.
Readers Favorite Dessert Recipes
(Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.)
If you've never made a skillet cookie before (I hadn't until this masterpiece) it is really so simple.
How to Make a Decadent Delicious Skillet Cookie:
- Start by adding all of your ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth and then add your chocolate chips and gently stir (reserve some chocolate chips for the top)
- Pour into a greased 8-inch cast iron skillet
- Add more chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 35-45 minutes
How to Serve a Skillet Cookie:
You are definitely going to want to make that quick tahini glaze and drizzle on top. I would also recommend a big scoop of vanilla ice cream right in the center.
To serve simply spoon out portions and dig in!
What Size Skillet Do I Need To Make a Skillet Cookie?
I tested this recipe with both a 12″ skillet and an 8″ skillet and far preferred the smaller skillet. If you use a larger skillet the cookie comes out much thinner and a bit dry. You can also purchase small individual size skillets (3-4″), because the only thing better than a cookie skillet is a cookie skillet that you don't have to share!
Flourless Tahini Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Pour batter into an 8-inch cast iron skillet. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The cookie is very soft and gooey, it will not be a firm cookie.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Sub a flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax: 3 tbsp water)
- Sub coconut oil for butter
- Can be replaced with brown sugar
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂