A specially curated list of beautiful gifts for the home, hand-picked by a professional interior designer.
(This list was both curated by and written by Jordan, my partner in crime)
Big or small, city or country, rent or own, I believe no matter where you call home you can live beautifully. This is a list of items that you don’t need…and that’s the point. These are beautiful things that will make you smile when you catch them out of the corner of your eye, lay a hand over it, or breathe in its magical fragrance.
Some of these items are surely more useful than others but will delight nonetheless. A bare bulb will light a room but behold the organic sensuous curve of the Kapila lamp and you’ll wonder why your room suddenly glows a little more luminous. Scented candles are a dime a dozen; but have you ever had the pleasure of walking into a room filled with the same fresh and heady fragrance that the French royal court has enjoyed for centuries? So show someone how much you want them to love where they live and wrap them in Alpaca, and bring their taste buds alive with flakes of Maldon sea salt. It’s gonna be a good time at home.
1. Alpaca Throw Blanket – Ethically Sourced/Made by Artisans – $149 – Warmer and softer than cashmere, Alpaca is the perfect addition to the chilly winter nights ahead.
2. Our Place Always Pan – Ethically Sourced/Sustainable – $145 ($95 with code “SUPERSALE” until they sell out) Rarely do good looks and multipurpose live together so gracefully. This space-saving piece of utility and beauty is not to be overlooked.
3. Maldon Sea Salt – $11 – Not all salt is created equal. Prized by chefs worldwide, Maldon is valued for its delicate big flake-like texture that creates crystalline flavor pops when sprinkled on top of a salad or your favorite roast. A must for anyone taking their cooking game to the next level.
4. Kim Salmela Talbet Ochre Pillow – Small Business / Women-Owned – $135 – Warm up your living room game with this luminous number from Kim Salmela.
5. Sabre Buffalo Bistro Flatware – $100 – Classic, retro, elegant…all these adjectives and more describe this French flatware from Paris. They also feel great to hold and use.
6. Kapila Table Lamp – $455 – Lamps are like the jewelry of a room. They add sparkle and detail. The Kapila lamp with its unique organic form, brass details, and ultra-high-quality construction is the perfect finishing touch.
7. Cire Trudon Abd El Kader Classic – $105 – The king of candle makers, Cire Trudon has supplied candles for The French Royal Court for centuries, think Louis XIV. Abd El Kader is the perfect year-round scent. Fresh and pronounced, yet subtle enough not to be overpowering. Its hypnotic scent of mint, lemon peel, spicy basil, and notes of ginger is soothing and invigorating all at once.
8. Baccarat Harmonie set of 2 Tumblers – $280 – When you want a glass that says, this is a special occasion, there is no better cut than the Harmonie. Copied often, never duplicated, this simple fluted design is a world-recognized icon. With a luxurious weight in the hand, Baccarat produces a chime when toasting that only true crystal can ring.
9. Anthropologie Gleaming Primrose Mirror – $498 The most versatile and classic mirror I’ve come across in years. It looks good everywhere and makes anywhere look better. You may even feel better when you see yourself reflected in it.
10. Farmhouse Pottery from “The Farmhouse Project” Terracotta Mixing Bowls – Small Business/ Artisan Made $40-$80 – So tactile and present. These bowls feel as alive as the sourdough starter you are mixing in them. Made by hand by master ceramicist Nonna Hall of Nonneta’s Keramika. sold by a husband and husband team “The Farmhouse Project” in Sullivan County, NY.
11. Inspired Home Amina Bench – Small Business – $278 – Benches are so versatile. Don’t overlook their utility. It’s an extra seat when entertaining, rest a bag on it, or kick your feet up. Even better when a bench is both good looking and priced friendly.
12. 54 Kibo Egyptian Cotton Rug –Small Business/ BIPOC Owned – $595 – Elegant and simple, the distillation of good design. These rugs add an elevated casual coolness to any room
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂