A collection of eco-friendly, sustainable, and healthy food and kitchen items for the healthy foodie in your life.
Clearly, this hand-picked collection of gifts is a product of yours truly (Abra). The holidays are the perfect time to shower your loved ones with your favorite healthy food and home products, I mean.. what's a better gift than a mini health upgrade??
I focused on kitchen items that I have fallen in love with this year, home items that I find to be essential, and food items that will make anyone smile.
This year has been a challenging one for so many, if you are choosing to shop small this holiday season look for the indicators in the gift description that highlights small, women-owned, BIPOC-owned, and eco-friendly/sustainable businesses. The majority of the items in this gift guide are affiliate links, if you choose to buy through these links you are also supporting a small, women-owned business (that's me!).
If you are choosing to not buy gifts this year, scroll to the bottom of this gift guide for creative homemade gifts for everyone on your list.
Let's go shopping!
1. Stasher bags (set of 4) – $48 – Stasher bags are the go-anywhere, do-anything, durable, and functional silicone bags. Initially I used stasher bags to replace Ziploc bags (I'm working on reducing single-use plastic), I've since grown to use stasher bags as travel companions, make-up bags, and cute organizational tools.
2. Get Well Stay Well Tea from The Herbal Scoop – Small Business/ BIPOC Owned – $18 – The Herbal Scoop is a discovery-based herbal apothecary in Sullivan County, NY. Owned by herbalist, Kendra, who crafts the most nourishing and delicious herbal blends.
3. Think. Eat. Live. – Sunflower Seed Flour Collection – Small Business – $10 – Sunflower seed flour is a new and welcome addition to my kitchen. Perfect for the person on your list that is always searching for delicious gluten-free, allergen-free options. Curate a gift bag of a selection of “Think. Eat. Live.” products for the ultimate healthy treat!
4. Complete Collagen Bundle from Further Food – Women-Owned/ Small Business – $135 – I use collagen peptides every single day and would love a big box of them under the Christmas Tree!
5. Chocti Healthy Chocolate Spread – $18 – This year Jordan and I have become huge Chocti fans, a delicious chocolate spread made with dates, love, and deliciousness.
6. Vital Choice Seafood Gift Box – Small Business/ Ethically and Sustainably Sourced – $149 – The gift for the seafood lover on your list. High quality, sustainably sourced, absolutely delicious seafood.
8. The Rise Cookbook by Marcus Samuelsson –Independent Bookstore/ BIPOC chef – $38 – If any friends or family are reading this list — buy me this book!! A cookbook that celebrates contemporary Black cooking in 150 extraordinarily delicious recipes.
9. Herb Keeper – $25 – Invest a little bit to save a lot! Fresh herbs stay fresh for weeks in this herb keeper. A great gift for anyone!
10. Weck Jars (set of 6) – $42 – Nothing makes me happier than weck jars. The perfect vessel for meal prep.
11. Air Doctor Pro – Eco-Friendly – $329 with code “ABRASKITCHEN” – Give the gift of clean air this year, indoor air is full of pollutants that ideally we shouldn't be breathing in. Air Doctor is 100x more effective than regular HEPA filters.
12. Le Creuset Matte White Sauteuse – $180 (normally $295) – Le creuset will be on my gift guides for eternity. They are beautiful, functional enameled cast-iron pots. When I buy my farmhouse in 2021 the kitchen will be filled with white matte Le Creuset.
NOT BUYING GIFTS THIS YEAR? HERE ARE THREE GREAT HOMEMADE GIFT IDEAS!
- Homemade Natural Lotion – This is a big batch recipe that I've made dozens of times. A great gift for everyone on your list.
- Kung Flu Fighter Tea – Purchase a case of mason jars or weck jars, a few bags of organic bulk herbs, and mix up a batch of flu-fighting tea for everyone on your list!
- A Handwritten Letter – I cherish the handwritten notes, and cards that have been given to me over the years. Remind the people in your life how much they mean to you, no technology needed.
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂