Delicious 6-ingredient paleo avocado key lime pie. Vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, no-bake and so easy!! Packed full of healthy fat and bursting with flavor. Your whole family will love this tasty zesty treat!
Sometimes I do a thing, a thing that I am so proud of that I carry a little secret smile inside my heart for days.
Usually, that thing is a recipe.
Today that recipe is no-bake, raw, gluten-free, paleo, keto-friendly vegan avocado key lime pie.
See ALL the things that I did??!!!
You don't even have to worry about all of the “dietary qualifiers” here, they don't matter. What matters is that this key lime pie is better than any key lime pie I've ever had.
It is tart and zesty and creamy and luscious. It is stored in the freezer so I can steal a bite in the middle of the night.
It is tucked way in the back of the freezer so no one in my family knows it's there except me.
Smile inside my heart. You get me now, right?
Cool. Now that we are on the same page you are going to want to grab a few simple ingredients and get cooking because this baby is so easy to make you are going to love me extra hard 🙂
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS PALEO AVOCADO KEY LIME PIE:
Here are just a few of the ingredients that you'll need. The rest can be found in the full recipe below.
- Avocado – The star of the show. Creamy and luscious!
- Maple syrup – A hint of natural sweetener easily does the trick in this recipe. You can substitute any sweetener you would like. For a keto version use a few tablespoons of monk fruit.
- Key Lime Juice and Zest – You could very easily use regular limes if you can't find key limes. I've tested the recipe using both.
- Coconut Cream – You can find coconut cream at most grocery stores where the culinary coconut milk is shelved. Coconut cream is a thicker version of coconut milk. If you can't find it use regular coconut milk that has been stored in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. Open the can and spoon off the hardened top. Do not use the liquid that falls to the bottom (you can save that for a Matcha Avocado Smoothie!)
- Pecans, Dates, and Shredded Coconut – These are the main ingredients in the raw, vegan, paleo crust. If you want to make this dessert keto-friendly eliminate the dates and pulse the pecans and coconut with a splash of lime juice until it becomes sticker, add keto-friendly sweetener as desired.
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE, RAW AVOCADO KEY LIME PIE
- Begin by combining the ingredients for the crust in a food processor and process until the “dough” sticks together when pressed between your fingers. Press the crust into a pie plate (or 4 mini pie plates like I used here) and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Make the filling by adding all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Feel free to taste for sweetness, if you like it a bit sweeter add more maple syrup or your sweetener of choice.
- Add the filling to the pie plates and freeze for an additional 10 minutes
- SO EASY! I mean, seriously. You just made a pie in a snap!
OTHER DESSERT IDEAS USING AVOCADOS:
I've experimented quite a bit using avocados in dessert recipes with great success. You can try substituting avocado for oil as I did in this Beet Chocolate Souffle recipe *yes, I made a chocolate souffle with both beets and avocado #Winning. It worked in that recipe but I can't speak for all baked good recipes. Avocados do impart a distinctive flavor that doesn't always work, but avocado flavor pairs quite well with citrus and chocolate. You can also try my Chia Avocado Fudgesicles or Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding.
More healthy desserts that you will love
HOW TO SERVE THIS PALEO AVOCADO KEY LIME PIE:
While you can eat this any way that you want, here are some simple suggestions for serving this key lime pie:
- Serve cold, I store the pie in the freezer and then take it out 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream, or coconut whipped cream
WHAT DOES AVOCADO PIE TASTE LIKE?
This avocado pie tastes exactly like key lime pie. It is just sweet and tart enough to make you pucker. It is creamy and delicious and I know you will love it!
I hope you love this paleo avocado key lime pie! If you make it be sure to tag me @abrapappa on Instagram so I can see your masterpiece!
Paleo Avocado Key Lime Pie
This Paleo Avocado Key Lime Pie is delicious and simple to make!
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 6 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp lime zest
Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and process until well chopped and combined. When you pinch the dough between two fingers it should stick together. If it is too crumbly add a splash of water.
Press crust into mini pie plates, or one traditionally sized pie plate. Place in freezer for 10 minutes
Avocado Key Lime Pie Filling
Meanwhile, prepare the filling by combining all ingredients in a food processor and processing until smooth. Pour into pie plates and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
Serve cold with whipped coconut cream and additional lime zest.
- I love mini/ individual desserts so I made these as individual pies. Using these mini pie plates You can certainly make one instead.
- Serving size - techinically these are individual servings, but I personally think this pie is quite rich so half of a pie does the trick. You do you though, I don't want to tell you how much pie to eat 🙂
- You can easily substitute regular limes for key limes. You can also use bottled key lime juice (but fresh is always best if possible)
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂