Cauliflower rice puttanesca is a quick and easy healthy meal that is ready in 10 minutes flat! This recipe uses easy pantry staples and is packed with amazing flavor! Friendly for gluten-free, paleo, keto, and vegan.
This was originally meant to be a recipe that I just shared on Instagram stories, but since that Instagram share, I have received dozens of DMs asking for the written recipe. I get it, this is the kind of recipe we all love; 10 minutes from start to finish, using ingredients we typically have in our pantry. Easy delicious and healthy.
Here is just how simple it is, you will need:
- Cauliflower Rice – I always have bags of frozen cauliflower rice on hand. It is a non-negotiable, staple ingredient in my kitchen. You can make your own by pulsing cauliflower in your food processor until it resembles rice.
- Great Marinara Sauce – Jordan and I can 100lbs of tomatoes every fall, we take tomato sauce very seriously in our house. Our home canned tomatoes take time to turn into a sauce so we also keep jarred marinara sauce in the pantry. Rao's Marinara is the only sauce allowed in our pantry aside from our home canned tomatoes. Rao's is by far my favorite tasting jarred marinara, it is also made of simple fresh ingredients like tomato, onion, garlic, olive oil, and basil.
- Good Olive Oil – Considering this recipe has so few ingredients you want to make sure each and every ingredient really stands out. I use really good olive oil for this dish, you should too 🙂
- Onion – In a pinch, you could leave out the onion, but I love sauteed onion with cauliflower rice.
- Olives and Capers – Puttanesca sauce is all about the perfect balance of briny olives and capers and spice. I use whole kalamata olives but any kind you have on hand will work.
- Crushed Red Pepper – For that perfect hit of spice.
- Fresh Basil – Optional but so good!
- Freshly Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese – Optional, you can also sup a sprinkle of nutritional yeast for a vegan version or just leave it out altogether.
Using frozen cauliflower rice is my secret to 10-minute healthy dinners. You can find frozen cauliflower rice in just about every market these days or make your own cauliflower rice by pulsing raw cauliflower in the food processor until it resembles rice.
Once you have your cauliflower rice ready to go you literally just pop the ingredients in a saute pan and let the magic happen.
I prefer to keep the olives whole so I get a big juicy olive in every bite. You can dice if you'd prefer.
Healthy, delicious, full of awesomeness, and ready in 1o minutes. Cauliflower rice puttanesca, add it to your “Healthy Pantry Meal” staples 🙂
10 Minute Cauliflower Rice Puttancesca
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, and crushed red pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add cauliflower rice to skillet, stir well for 1 minute. Add marinara sauce, olives, and capers. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes or until cauliflower is heated through.
- Serve with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese (both optional)
Pin this to your Healthy Dinner Board!
LOVE Cauliflower Rice? Me too! Try these recipes!
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂