A cozy sip of fall in smoothie form. Nutrient-dense ingredients, all the toppings, and bonus, it tastes like a pumpkin cookie! You have to try this low sugar protein smoothie recipe!
Calling all home cooks, bakers, and healthy foodies – welcome to PUMPKIN WEEK!
I love a theme week, and thanks to all of you that participated in my Instagram poll last month I have a theme week happening monthly for the next few months!
#AKPumpkinWeek2020 – I will share a healthy pumpkin recipe with you every day over the next 5 days. I cannot wait for you to try all of them!
Let's give 'em pumpkin to talk about!
First up: Pumpkin Cookie Protein Smoothie!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- Banana – Ideally frozen for a super thick and creamy smoothie
- Pumpkin Puree – Not pumpkin pie filling! Simply pureed pumpkin, you can roast your own or use canned.
- Cashew Butter – You can use any nut butter, almond, peanut, sunflower would all work!
- Chia Seeds – Optional, but I love the addition of healthy fat and fiber
- Lucuma Powder – This is optional, see below for more info on Lucuma – it adds a natural creamy sweetness
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – or a dash of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg
- Vanilla Collagen Peptides – You can use any vanilla protein powder that you like but I am in LOVE … like hardcore L.O.V.E. with Further Food Vanilla Collagen Peptides so delicious!
- Oat Milk – or any milk that you prefer
- Toppings – My preference is granola and nut butter
TOOLS YOU WILL USE:
- High-speed blender
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS PROTEIN SMOOTHIE!
I am always on the smoothie train, winter, spring, summer, fall… season doesn't matter. When I feel like a smoothie I want one and that is that!
This smoothie is thick and creamy with just the right amount of sweetness (hint: not a lot), I am not a fan of super sweet smoothies, so if you find this not sweet enough feel free to add a bit of honey or maple syrup.
Top this autumnal dream with crunchy granola, and an extra drizzle of nut butter. YUM!
NUTRITION NERD CORNER 🤓
What is Lucuma Powder and Why is It a Great Smoothie Add-In
Lucuma Powder is dried and milled lucuma fruit. Lucuma fruit is indigenous to South America, the Andean region to be exact. It is a subtly sweet and creamy fruit with a hint of butterscotch.
Lucuma is used as a natural sweetener/ alternative to sugar.
When I was in Peru last year lucuma ice cream was my favorite treat.
You can find lucuma powder at most health food stores or online.
Nutritional Benefits of Lucuma Powder:
Often touted as a “superfood” lucuma is a good source of beta-carotene, calcium, iron, and zinc.
One tablespoon of lucuma powder contains:
- Protein: 0 grams
- Carbs: 6 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Net Carbs: 4 grams
- Sugar: 1.5 grams
- Calories: 30
MY FAVORITE HEALTHY SMOOTHIE RECIPES:
DIETARY MODIFICATIONS FOR THIS RECIPE:
This recipe is naturally gluten-free and paleo-friendly
- Vegan, Vegetarian – Use a plant-based protein powder
I can’t wait for you to try this Pumpkin Cookie Protein Smoothie Recipe! When you make it, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @abrapappa or use the hashtag #abraskitchen so I can feature your photo!
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate and leave a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Pumpkin Cookie Protein Smoothie
- High speed blender
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with granola and an extra drizzle of cashew butter
- Nut Butter
- Sprinkle of nuts or seeds
- Chia seeds
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂