Um… can we get a group YUM for this recipe?
Granola is just that perfect snack, a pantry staple for sure. Sprinkle some on your organic Greek yogurt, throw some in a little baggie for a quick on the go snack, or just dig your little hand in and grab a handful when you need that perfect energy boost!
There are a few magic elements to this recipe:
- Almond butter instead of the oil typically used in granola
- A natural sweetener instead of the typical sugar used in granola
- Superfoods like coconut and chia seeds
- FLAVOR, FLAVOR, FLAVOR. This is the yummiest granola ever! No joke 🙂
- 2 cups of organic oats
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- ⅓ cup of maple syrup
- ½ cup of organic slivered almonds
- ½ cup of coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Over a double boiler (or in the microwave if you must) lightly heat the almond butter until smooth and runny.
- Combine almond butter and organic oats in large mixing bowl. Mix until even.
- Add maple syrup, almonds, coconut flakes, and chia seeds. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Evenly spread mixture on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 300°.
- Remove from oven, toss with spatula and return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Never Miss a Post
get new recipes right to your inbox!