Healthy Thai Chickpea Jar Salad is the perfect meal prep lunch, this recipe makes 4 days of crazy town delicious protein-rich lunches! Creamy spicy peanut butter dressing with chickpeas, crunchy vegetables, cilantro, and salted peanuts. You have to put this on your meal plan!
I promised you a jar salad kick and here we are with another unreal jar salad winner! Creamy peanut butter dressing and chickpeas are you kidding me?
No. I'm not.
A few very important things you need to know about this recipe:
- The BEST peanut butter dressing in this history of the world
- Crunchy cabbage, carrots, and bell peppers
- A ton of fresh mint and cilantro for that Thai flair
- Tangy lime juice to pull it all together
- and chickpeas, glorious little chickpeas
- Protein, veggies, creamy dressing. Perfection.
Give this beauty a solid stir and shake and then dig right in, or by all means, pour into a bowl (my preferred method) and indulge.
Just look at all of those gorgeous antioxidants pouring out of that jar.
When making a jar salad there is only one rule you need to remember; the hearty ingredients go on the bottom, the leafy delicate ingredients stay on top.
In the case of this Thai chickpea jar salad, I loaded the chickpeas right on top of that creamy peanut butter dressing. This gives the chickpeas an opportunity to hang out in that dressing for a bit and absorb all of the spicy, ginger, peanut butter Thai flavored goodness.
As of today it is officially fall, but that is definitely not stopping me from eating salads. I just want to shift my salads from cooling light summer ingredients to warming heartier ingredients. Come on over chickpeas and spicy peanut dressing, you are my new favorite hearty salad!
Eazy peazy meal planning happening right here inside a jar. Your lunch for this week is officially planned! Get on it and report back 🙂
Healthy Thai Chickpea Jar Salad
- 2 cups chickpeas a 13.5 ounce can works well
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 small cucumbers
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- fresh cilantro
- fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp salted peanuts
- 2 tbsp sliced scallions
- 1 lime, quartered
- To prepare jar salads place ingredients evenly in 4 jars in this order:dressing, chickpeas, carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, bell peppers, cilantro, mint, and peanuts. Top with a wedge of lime.
- When ready to eat: shake jar and then give it a good stir to incorporate all of the dressing. Top with additional lime juice.
- Jars will keep well in fridge for up to 6 days.
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂