Guess what is right around the corner my sweets?? Yup, V-day. Love it or hate it Valentines Day is the best excuse in the world to eat some chocolate, and really what is better than that?
I promise you there is room for chocolate and dessert in a healthy “Nutritious America” diet., as long as you keep a few rules in mind… dessert is a once in awhile food, not an every day food. AND most importantly, if you are going to make a dessert why not make it the healthiest you can. I consider myself a nutrient collector, in every single recipe I create I work really hard to add as many high quality nutrients as I possibly can. These cupcakes are no exception. Oh, and I should mention they are not only vegan, and gluten free, but they are potentially the most delicious cupcakes you have ever had in your entire life. Seriously. So whip up a batch of these for your love, and be sure to save a few for yourself.
Watch the video to see my Lucille Ball moment, I am sure Rachel Ray spilled batter all over herself at one time or another too. (They probably were kind enough to edit hers out though)
Gluten Free Chocolate CupcakesPrint
- 3/4 cup of butternut squash, pureed
- 2 ounces of dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of quinoa flour, or any whole grain flour will do
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine all wet ingredients
- Add dry ingredients into wet and mix well
- Fill cupcake tins 3/4 full with batter
- Bake @ 350° for 25-30 minutes. The cupcakes will still be soft to the touch in the center.
Optional Vegan Chocolate Ganache Frosting
Over a double boiler melt 2 oz dark chocolate
Add 1/4 cup almond milk and 1 tbsp coconut oil
Mix until shiny
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂