Perfectly spiced buckwheat sweet potato pancakes with warm cardamom pears will set your morning on fire. Gluten free and vegan! This is possibly the most decadent, and yet uber healthy, way to start your day.
One of the greatest pleasures in life is a slow wake-up, a long leisurely morning with no agenda that melts into the afternoon with no shame. A day when it's perfectly normal to stay in your PJs beyond what is considered acceptable. A snuggly puppy, a hot cup of coffee, and the time and space to loaf around in the kitchen and create a breakfast that is the true embodiment of morning pleasure.
Mornings like this may not come around that often, but when they sneak up on you, embrace it. Close your computer, put your phone down, turn off the tv, and just be.
Breakfast has become the meal that I spend the most time on in session with clients. Life has hijacked mornings and has made the mere mention of spending time creating a beautiful breakfast a laughing matter. I get it. We are busy. We are all so busy. How you start your day sets the tone for the entire day, chugging coffee on the subway and eating a bagel while running 5 blocks to get to work on time speaks volumes for how health exists or fails to exist into your life.
What's on your plate is a reflection of how you see yourself. If you don't think you deserve to sit down and eat off of a plate how does that reflect your worth?
Take a minute, take 5. Sit down. You are worthy of nourishment. I promise this is true.
And when you have a morning that gives you the greatest gift of a slow wake-up, make these gluten-free, vegan buckwheat sweet potato pancakes.
Take a few minutes to warm your pears in coconut oil slowly sprinkle in some ground cardamom. Your kitchen will smell divine. Taste the pears, truly taste them and luxuriate in the slowness of creating a breakfast that's special.
Pile the pancakes high on a beautiful plate, put your plate down on a beautifully set table and slowly, slowly, slowly eat your breakfast.
Breakfast can be so pleasurable and I know, for sure, you need more pleasure in your life.
Thanks for reading Abra's Kitchen! To see what goodness I'm whipping up be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. If you make this recipe tag #abraskitchen on Instagram so I can see your creation 🙂
Spiced Buckwheat Sweet Potato Pancakes with Warm Cardamom Pears
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 pears sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- Coconut oil for cooking
- walnuts and maple syrup for topping
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Allow batter to sit for several minutes before cooking.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to pan. Drop batter into hot pan in 1/4 cup portions. Cook until bubbles begin forming, flip and cook for additional 4 minutes on other side. Keep warm in oven while preparing the remaining pancakes.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large skillet. Add pears to skillet, sprinkle with cardamom and gently cook for 4-5 minutes. Until pears are heated through and tender.
- Pile pancakes high alternately layering with pears and walnuts. Drizzle with maple syrup.
- Nutrition analysis is without maple syrup or walnuts and for one analyzed for one pancake
- These are also delicious drizzled with warm almond butter for a low sugar alternative
- I typically use leftover sweet potato for this recipe but organic canned sweet potato puree works as well. Just be sure it is not sweetened canned sweet potato!
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂