Super simple, healthy and delicious Korean Tuna Power Bowl. Brown rice, a rainbow of veggies, and Korean tuna salad, drizzled with a yummy sesame dressing. The perfect healthy lunch ready in 5 minutes!
This post is sponsored by Blue Harbor Fish Co. I only work with companies and products that I love and use in my own kitchen. The opinions are always my own.
I have been on a serious bowl kick lately. It is truly my favorite way to whip up a quick, healthy, and delicious meal. Loaded with a variety of textures and flavors and best of all, I can use what I have handy in my fridge and pantry!
What is a Power Bowl?
Sometimes called a Buddha bowl, bliss bowl, nourishment bowl, or a detox bowl, or just a “bowl”, it simply refers to a healthy assortment of ingredients served in a… yeah you guessed it, a bowl.
Here are the essential components to create a delicious and well-balanced power/Buddha/bliss/nourishment/detox bowl:
- Veggies are the star – Sometimes I like a combination of cooked and raw veggies, sometimes I just want raw. I always try to shoot for at least 3 different vegetables.
- High-quality fat – this is essential. Typically it's in the form of avocado. Because… avocado, but sometimes it will be in the form of nuts or seeds.
- High-quality protein – Sometimes this is a vegan protein (like in my bbq tempeh bowl) or an animal protein (like in my za'atar spiced chicken detox bowl). Most often it is a quick clean protein from my pantry like my favorite tuna.
- Whole grain/complex carbohydrate/starchy vegetable – this part is optional, but I find adding either a whole grain like brown rice or a starchy veggie like sweet potato helps me feel full for hours and hours and hours!
- Pickled/fermented food – In addition to the gut health benefits of fermented food I absolutely LOVE the flavor kick! In this recipe, I used kimchi, in other recipes I've used quick pickled onions or a quick beet relish.
- A crazy delicious dressing – Don't skip this part, trust me it's essential.
O to the M to the G! Delicious!
Reasons Why This Korean Tuna Power Bowl will Give You All The Feels:
- Quick and healthy clean eating protein – albacore tuna
- Extra protein, fat, and brain healthy choline – hard boiled egg
- Whole grain, sustainable energy – brown rice
- Healthy fat – thank you avocado. No, really. THANK YOU avocado.
- Minerals and antioxidants – Veggies! greens, carrots, and cucumber
- Fermented food for extra gut health support – Kimchi
You see why this is potentially the worlds most perfect meal?
This bowl is all about the spicy Korean fresh albacore tuna salad surrounded by a party of healthy crunchy veggies.
You will always, always find tuna packets in my pantry. Quick and easy protein solutions are a must in my kitchen. When life gets chaotic and crazy I know I can whip up a quick, healthy, protein-packed meal.
Blue Harbor sustainably caught, wild albacore tuna is packed in convenient pouches with just a bit of water and sea salt or simply water (no salt added). Simple, clean ingredients. The flavor is mild, fresh, and delicious without any of that canned food taste.
There are a few standout points that I love about Blue Harbor;
- Convenience – Perfectly portioned protein, without having to drain anything. These packets would be perfect to travel with!
- Taste – I am extremely finicky when it comes to tuna. I absolutely LOVE The taste of Blue Harbor. It is clean, light, and fresh, and mixes so well with a variety of flavors.
- BPA Free – This is a really important point for me. BPA is a known endocrine disrupter and is often found in the internal lining of cans and foil pouches. Blue Harbor cans and pouches are BPA free.
- MSC Certified – The Marine Stewardship Council is an international nonprofit that addresses the problems of unsustainable fishing. The MSC label recognizes sustainable fishing practices and ensures that MSC-certified tuna is traceable from ocean to plate.
- Wild, line-caught premium quality fish – For nutritional/health purposes, I only eat wild fish, never farmed. Line-caught is an important distinction regarding the environmental impact of fisheries.
- Soy free, gluten-free – This seems as if it should be a given, but it isn't always. I appreciate a brand that is conscious of fillers or additives that may contain soy or gluten. Blue Harbor has only 2 or 3 super clean, simple ingredients.
Overal, I love feeling good about the food I am eating and love knowing that Blue Harbor is a clean-living, sustainability conscious brand.
If you live in the northeast, like me, you can find Blue Harbor at Shoprite, KTM supermarkets, or Fresh Grocer.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Blue Harbor.
Korean Tuna Power Bowl
Korean Tuna Salad
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups leafy greens
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup cucumber
- 1 large egg, hardboiled
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp kimchi
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- crispy seaweed, crumbled
Korean Tuna Salad
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir together
Build your Bowl
- Arrange ingredients together in a bowl, top with tuna salad, drizzle with sesame dressing. Sprinkle sesame seeds and seaweed on top (optional)
- You can substitute mashed avocado for the mayo
- Use coconut aminos or tamari if you are soy or gluten sensitive
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂