Healthy Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo Apple Nachos! Sliced apples topped with creamy sunflower seed butter, cinnamon, coconut, and crunchy seeds, the perfect fall treat! A healthy after-school snack or mid-morning break that takes less than 5 minutes to put together.
Listen up my friends, I've got something super important to tell you. This right here is potentially the easiest fall inspired healthy, real food snack, to ever hit the inter-web. Easy, and OH. SO. GOOD.
I have been making apple nachos for quite some time, they are one of the stars of my corporate wellness “Snack Rehab” class. No matter how fast I make the plate, it is gobbled up with a collective “ohhhh, ahhhh, yummmm!!” from the crowd.
Apple nachos are the kind of recipe that isn't really a recipe. It's a throw everything but the kitchen sink on top of those seasonally perfect, sweet, and crunchy apples, kind of recipe. Typically I would think, does anyone even want to see a recipe like this on here? Typically I would answer my own question with a “Nah, it's too simple”.
But then… I taught my snack rehab class to over 1,000 people in the last few months and every single time I was asked for the recipe.
So, my dear dear friends. I give you Abra's Apple Nachos.
What you are looking at is:
- Crunchy apple goodness
- Topped with creamy sweet protein goodness
- Topped further with superfood goodness
- and then topped with omega 3 goodness.
Make sure you start with really good apples, which should be quite easy this time of year.
How to Make Apple Nachos:
- Slice 1 or 2 apples into thin round slices and place in a single layer on a large plate.
- Top with your favorite things.
- You just made apple nachos 🙂
Topping options for Apple Nachos:
There are a million options but these are my favorite
- Cinnamon (necessary, plus blood sugar support so yeah do that)
- Nut or seed butter. My favorite is sunflower seed butter, but peanut, almond, cashew, or walnut butter would also work.
- Shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- Granola (my grain-free matcha granola would be an excellent choice)
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Raw cacao nibs
- Chocolate chips
- Honey or maple syrup
I wouldn't even be mad if you melted some chocolate chips and did a solid drizzle. YUM!
Very little effort – HUGE reward. My kind of recipe. I can't wait to see your variation! Don't forget to tag me #abraskitchen on Instagram so I can see your kitchen magic 🙂
Healthy Apple Nachos! Sliced apples topped with creamy sunflower seed butter, cinnamon, coconut, and crunchy seeds, the perfect fall treat! A healthy after-school snack or mid-morning break that takes less than 5 minutes to put together.
Slice apples into rounds and place in a single layer on a large plate.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and then top with other toppings.
- I like using a super crisp apple like a honeycrisp, gala, or Rave apple
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂