A super moist, decadently delicious gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread. The only banana bread recipe you will ever need! Made with almond flour and a dairy-free option included.
Let's get right to business and dig into the deliciousness that is this perfect, healthy, gluten-free banana bread. All humans need a reliable banana bread recipe and this is mine.
A mixture of almond flour and brown rice flour, over-ripe bananas, protein-rich yogurt and a hint of maple syrup. All good for you ingredients mixed together to create a moist delicious banana bread.
Banana bread is your healthy treat BFF and perfect for breakfast with a generous smear of peanut butter or almond butter, a snack or sweet treat.
The chocolate chips are optional but… chocolate!
When my nephew Jonah was 5 years old he offered his chocolate croissant to his cousin Nyah, she said no thanks. He looked at her with incredulous eyes and said, “But Ny! There's choooooooc-yaaaaaat in it!”
That's how I feel about this banana bread – Guys, there's chooooooc-yaaaaat in it!
Here's what you need to make this gluten-free healthy banana bread recipe:
Overripe bananas – 2 medium to large bananas will do the trick.
Plain yogurt – You can substitute non-dairy yogurt or non-dairy milk.
Maple syrup – I've also made this recipe with raw honey and it works perfectly.
Avocado oil – You can sub olive oil, coconut oil, or melted butter
Eggs – Because baked good! You can sub a flax egg or chia egg no problem.
Arrowroot Powder – Also called arrowroot starch, if you don't yet have this ingredient in your healthy baking pantry I highly recommend purchasing some. Arrowroot helps improve the texture of gluten-free baked goods and is the perfect thickener for sauces, soups, and gravies.
Almond Flour – I prefer a super-fine ground almond flour, but honestly, I've tested this recipe with many different kinds and they all work. If you have a coarser grind the bread will have a bit more texture.
Baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips.
A good banana bread just makes me happy. It's one of those recipes that is born out of invention, how to use old brown bananas, and seems to be a universal love language. Who doesn't love banana bread?
Once in a blue moon, my Mom would pack a banana bread and cream cheese sandwich in my lunch box. Those were my favorite blue moons 🙂
I can't wait for you to try this gluten-free, happy-making banana bread recipe. Be sure to tag me (@abrapappa) on Instagram when you do!
MORE BAKED GOOD RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°, prepare a loaf pan by lining with parchment paper.
- In a medium-size bowl mash ripe bananas until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, maple syrup, avocado oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract whisk together until creamy and well combined. Add arrowroot powder and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) and whisk together to combine.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir well to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The top of the bread should be slightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely. Slice and serve.
- Storage - Freezer friendly! Store in freezer in glass lock container, or wrapped in foil for up to 5 months or in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- Dairy Free Option - Replace yogurt with dairy-free yogurt or 1/4 cup dairy-free milk (ideally a thicker dairy-free milk like oat milk)
- NOTE: Nutrition facts are estimated based on 8 large slices, serving size is one thick slice.
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂