A super moist, decadently delicious gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread. The only banana bread recipe you will ever need! Made with almond flour and a dairy-free option included.
Let's get right to business and dig into the deliciousness that is this perfect, healthy, gluten-free banana bread. All humans need a reliable banana bread recipe and this is mine.
Banana bread is your healthy treat BFF and perfect for breakfast with a generous smear of peanut butter or almond butter, a snack or sweet treat.
The chocolate chips are optional but… chocolate!
When my nephew Jonah was 5 years old he offered his chocolate croissant to his cousin Nyah, she said no thanks. He looked at her with incredulous eyes and said, “But Ny! There's choooooooc-yaaaaaat in it!”
That's how I feel about this banana bread – Guys, there's chooooooc-yaaaaat in it!
Here's what you need to make this gluten-free healthy banana bread recipe:
Overripe bananas – 2 medium to large bananas will do the trick.
Plain yogurt – You can substitute non-dairy yogurt or non-dairy milk.
Maple syrup – I've also made this recipe with raw honey and it works perfectly.
Avocado oil – You can sub olive oil, coconut oil, or melted butter
Eggs – Because baked good! You can sub a flax egg or chia egg no problem.
Arrowroot Powder – Also called arrowroot starch, if you don't yet have this ingredient in your healthy baking pantry I highly recommend purchasing some. Arrowroot helps improve the texture of gluten-free baked goods and is the perfect thickener for sauces, soups, and gravies.
Almond Flour – I prefer a super-fine ground almond flour, but honestly, I've tested this recipe with many different kinds and they all work. If you have a coarser grind the bread will have a bit more texture.
Baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips.
A good banana bread just makes me happy. It's one of those recipes that is born out of invention, how to use old brown bananas, and seems to be a universal love language. Who doesn't love banana bread?
Once in a blue moon, my Mom would pack a banana bread and cream cheese sandwich in my lunch box. Those were my favorite blue moons 🙂
I can't wait for you to try this gluten-free, happy-making banana bread recipe. Be sure to tag me (@abrapappa) on Instagram when you do!
MORE BAKED GOOD RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°, prepare a loaf pan by lining with parchment paper.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir well to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. The top of the bread should be slightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely. Slice and serve.
- Storage - Freezer friendly! Store in freezer in glass lock container, or wrapped in foil for up to 5 months or in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- Dairy Free Option - Replace yogurt with dairy-free yogurt or 1/4 cup dairy-free milk (ideally a thicker dairy-free milk like oat milk)
- NOTE: Nutrition facts are estimated based on 8 large slices, serving size is one thick slice.
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂