Creamy pumpkin mousse layered with spicy gingerbread cookies and whipped coconut cream. No-bake pumpkin pie in a jar. Refined sugar-free, vegan, gluten-free, and paleo and so delicious you will want to make a triple batch and then keep it all for yourself!
What you need for this recipe: pumpkin puree, maple syrup, coconut cream, pumpkin pie spice, gingerbread cookies, whipped cream (or whipped coconut cream)
This recipe is for all of my lazy bakers out there, you know who you are. You LOVE perusing the inter-web for fabulous baked goods but you are more likely to stop by the bakery on your way home than to whip out your rolling pin.
We are kindred spirits you and I. I love a sweet treat, but I am not the best baker in the world and often times I prefer a quick easy dessert over a 3 hour complicated, scientific recipe (I leave those for my extraordinarily skilled Mom and my Virgo hubs).
This no-bake, pumpkin pie in a jar is your answer to an impressive holiday dessert that is allergen friendly (vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, all the things!) and still a huge crowd pleaser.
It has the perfect amount of spice to bridge the gap between a fall and winter dessert. Perfect for Thanksgiving, amazing for Christmas, you will thank me on New Years 🙂
How to Make Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
It is honestly quite simple:
- Begin by making a 4 ingredient pumpkin mousse using pumpkin puree, coconut cream, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup. Chill for a few hours.
- Layer your pumpkin pie mousse with gingersnap cookies (I used allergen friendly Enjoy Life brand), and coconut whipped cream
- Bam. You just made pumpkin pie in a jar.
If you are a holiday dessert procrastinator, I've got you covered! Run out and gets some gingersnaps and whipped cream and you are ready to go!
You can use any kind of gingersnap cookie that you like but I used the Enjoy Life brand soft baked gingerbread spice cookies. I crumbled them up and layered on the goodness!
You can make these several hours in advance and leave in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
No Bake Healthy Gingerbread Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
- To make the pumpkin mousse in a blender combine pumpkin, maple syrup, coconut cream, and pumpkin pie spice. Blend until smooth. Scoop into a container and chill until it is the consistency of thick pudding (several hours or overnight)
- Layer crumbled gingerbread cookies, pumpkin mousse, and coconut whipped cream in a mason jar. Top with a gingerbread cookie and a small sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
- Eat immediately, or refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- You can use regular whipped cream if you are not dairy sensitive.
- Most grocery stores sell coconut whipped cream, or you can simply make your own by following this method: Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe
- You can use any gingerbread cookie that you like.
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂