It is virtually impossible to forage for wild food in Central Park (see: An Edible Adventure Through Central Park) and not come out inspired. The edible flowers were definitely my favorite part not only because they are such beauties, but I found the complexity of flavors and texture superb. Just be sure to wash them well, they did come from Central Park after all.
The recipe begins by making cashew creme (instructions below) and freezing the creme into ice cubes. This is my base for raw ice cream, from that point you can literally add any flavors you like.
This was the perfect cool and creamy treat after a long day in Central Park. As soon as I shot a few photos I demolished this bowl of goodness.
Wild Flower Vegan Ice Cream
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked in water for 2-3 hours
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of organic frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of wild flowers, I used Common Blue Violet and Wisteria
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of raw coconut butter
- Blend the soaked cashews and 1 cup of water for 3-4 minutes, until super, super creamy. It will resemble heavy cream, we call it cashew creme.
- Pour cashew creme into ice cube tray and freeze for four hours.
- Add to Vita-Mix; honey, coconut butter, blueberries, wild flowers, and cashew creme ice cubes.
- Blend until it resembles ice cream (about 2-3 minutes) You will have to use the tamper to blend properly. Be careful not to over blend
- Top with scattering of wild flowers and enjoy.
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂