This turmeric glow-up smoothie has it all—protein power from chia seeds, collagen peptides to give you that youthful glow, and an irresistible tropical feel from coconut water and frozen pineapple.
If you like this super-charged smoothie, here are some other smoothie recipes to try: Raspberry and Green Tea Smoothie, Matcha Avocado, or Pumpkin Protein Smoothie.
It matters how you start the day; plain and simple, and this smoothie is the ultimate speedy breakfast. This recipe is chuck-full of super ingredients that will help you power through your day. It is a boost, a fortifying measure to ensure that all systems are go and functioning to the best of their ability.
I am evangelical about the magic that frozen bananas bring to the party. The smoothie party that is. The luscious cold creaminess that this smoothie has is all about the frozen banana. Will a fresh banana work? Sure, but when you freeze bananas the blended result is ice-cream like, and that is pure culinary wizardry. The coconut water is a one-two punch of thirst-quenching and electrolytes. Then we have the trifecta of super ingredients chia seeds, collagen peptides, and turmeric that nourish, invigorate, and beautify.
High vibrational living is a buzzword these days. People are on the hunt for ways to optimize their human experience. The good news is that we have some control over the matter. There are many things, quite simple things, at our fingertips that can give us those feel-good vibes. Here are some life enhancers that like this smoothie, work to foster well-being in our days:
- Basking in sunshine
- Walking in nature
- Petting an animal
- Practicing gratitude
- Getting enough sleep
- Drinking an abundance of clean, water
- Eating a wholesome plant-forward diet
Ready for a morning glow-up? Let's make this smoothie!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Detailed measurements and ingredients can be found within the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Frozen Banana-Game changing smoothie ingredient that whips everything silky smooth.
- Frozen Pineapple-Frozen mango would work as an alternative. NUTRITION NERD BONUS: Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain which has been used traditionally as a potent anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling agent.
- Fresh Turmeric-The recipe will also have measurements to easily substitute ground turmeric. NUTRITION NERD BONUS: Turmeric is one of the highest anti-inflammatory compounds available in food form. Read more about the benefits of turmeric below.
- Orange-Juice from an orange that is. Of course, you can use orange juice from the bottle 1/2 an orange equals approximately 2 tablespoons.
- Coconut Water-Water and a teaspoon of coconut oil will work as a substitute. Coconut water is hydrating and contains natural electrolytes.
- Collagen Peptides – Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body. NUTRITION NERD BONUS: In our 20's we start producing less collagen, this steady decline is partially responsible for wrinkles, joint stiffness, weaker bones, and sagging skin. Supplementing with collagen can help to improve skin health, gut health, and bone health!
- Chia Seeds-Flax seeds will do as an alternative option. Chia seeds are an abundant source of omega 3 beneficial anti-inflammatory fats.
TOOLS YOU WILL USE:
IS IT GOOD TO PUT TURMERIC IN SMOOTHIES?
Absolutely. A smoothie is a great way to incorporate turmeric into your diet. Turmeric has amazing health benefits like anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. If turmeric is added to your smoothies, you will get these benefits and more. Just remember to add a pinch of black pepper to the smoothie to help make the turmeric more absorbable.
NUTRITION NERD CORNER 🤓 TURMERIC, THE ULTIMATE SUPERFOOD!
Here is a quick crash course on the INCREDIBLE health benefits of turmeric that will have you eager to start using this superstar spice in your kitchen ASAP!
- Anti-inflammatory – curcumin has been shown to be as effective as many anti-inflammatory drugs, without the nasty side effects of pharmaceuticals. Reducing inflammation in the body is key to aid in disease prevention and improve overall health.
- Anti-oxidant – curcumin's antioxidant properties destroy free radicals in the body that damage blood cells.
- Anti-microbial – curcumin contains anti-microbial properties that help to fight off unwelcome pathogens.
- Wound healing – turmeric is a natural antibacterial agent and can be beneficial if used topically to help speed wound healing.
- Cancer Prevention – multiple research studies have found that curcumin can suppress cancerous tumor growth and also suppress the effects of cancer-causing environmental exposures.
DIETARY MODIFICATIONS FOR THIS RECIPE:
This recipe is gluten-free, and whole 30 friendly.
- Vegetarian and Vegan – Use marine collagen rather than bovine collagen.
MORE FRUITY RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
Beet, Pray, Love Smoothie Bowl
Festive Fruit and Dessert Board
Blueberries and Cream Baked Oatmeal
Blackberry Avocado Smoothie Bowl
I can’t wait for you to try this Turmeric Glow-up Smoothie Recipe! When you make it, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @abrapappa or use the hashtag #abraskitchen so I can feature your photo!
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate and leave a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Turmeric Glow-up Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 piece fresh turmeric, about 1 inch or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric + a pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 orange peeled, or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- ice optional
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drink immediately.
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂