Let’s face it, we live in a pretty toxic world. Environmental toxins, like pollutants, chemicals and pesticides are as prevalent as a yellow cab in front of Port Authority. Internally our bodies also produce waste byproducts as part of our normal metabolic function. We are continually exposed to toxins from the inside and toxins from the outside.
Now, your body is designed to rid itself of these toxins naturally, but it can become overburdened. There are approximately 80,000 synthetic chemicals registered for use in the U.S. The centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that hundreds of these chemicals are present in our bodies! These chemicals have been shown to disrupt our immune, endocrine, nervous, and reproductive systems.
As we welcome in spring our bodies are literally primed and ready for a little shedding action, if you have ever considered doing some form of detoxification now is truly the time. Here are my top 5 reasons.
- Spring is the optimal time to rid the body of unwanted toxins which get stuck in the extra layers of insulation we may have accumulated during the winter months.
- Let’s face it, you’ve got a few pounds to shed. Toxins love fat cells, when you release the toxicity from your cells you work to “unlock” the key to weight loss. Shed the toxicity, heal the body, weight loss will follow. Simple.
- You want to look hot and healthy this summer, strutting around in your bikini! Did you know a heavily toxified body typically has more belly fat? Release toxic belly fat. Detox.
- You are ready for increased energy. Don’t let those toxins get you down! Detox to heal from exhaustion.
- This is the year you will not suffer from those pesky allergies! Boosting your immunity through a detoxification will lessen the impact of seasonal allergies.
To read more about my preferred 21 day protocol head on over here: www.abrapappa.com/21day
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂