I hear this alot: “I love ordering fish when I am in a restaurant but have no idea how to make it taste good at home.”
Can you relate?
Never fear, Abra to the rescue.
This is a recipe that kids and picky partners will love. Jordan, my BF, said, “Why is this fish so good? What did you do to it?”
What I did was a secret little tip (not so secret anymore) spreading a little mayo (vegenaise is my mayo of choice) on the fish before you bake it seals in flavor and makes a moist delicious fish. I boosted flavor by whisking fresh dill and garlic into the vegenaise.
Top with crunchy pumpkin seeds, and voila! Dinner in under 30 minutes and yummy to boot.
I served my pumpkin seed crusted cod with a bitter raddichio and endive salad. It was a simple dinner. The perfect ending to a busy week.
- 1 pound of Wild Cod, Cut in 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Vegenaise
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of fresh dill chopped
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325
- Pulse pumpkin seeds in food processor until well chopped, but still chunky. (you can also chop by hand) set aside
- In a small bowl whisk together chopped dill, garlic, a pinch of sea salt, and a generous grind of fresh black pepper, and Vegenaise
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes (until fish is opaque and cooked through) place in broiler for final 3 minutes to brown pumpkin seeds
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂