I think lemon desserts are just perfect. They are beautiful and feminine and light and luscious. Lemon desserts are my fave.
In my kitchen I take the opportunity to bump up quality and nutrients when making EVERY recipe. Dessert is no exception. A healthy diet includes some sweet treats, that is balance for me. I just make an effort to make any standard recipe a little bit better for me. This recipe was a classic, old school, lemon loaf cake. It is now a bangin’ awesome, delicious, (and nutritious shhhh…) lemon loaf cake.
What’s your favorite classic dessert recipe? Leave a comment below if you want a recipe revamp, it’s pretty much my favorite thing to do 🙂 (favorite right after smiling)
Gluten Free Lemon Loaf CakePrint
- 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup of agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup of almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons of lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°, line a loaf pan w/ parchment paper
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, stir together
- In separate bowl combine all wet ingredients, stir until well combined
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stir to combine
- Place batter in parchment lined loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
I made a super simple lemon cream cheese frosting for this:
whip 8 oz organic cream cheese with juice and zest of 1 lemon, 1/2 cup agave nectar, and enough almond milk to reach desired consistency
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂