I've had a bit of a tough week. Some old patterns reared their ugly head and I struggled a bit to quiet that not so nice voice. I've had a few days that I felt like throwing in the towel and just crawling back into bed.
Have you had moments like this?
It is a recommitment each and every day to live the life I WANT to live. It doesn't just happen. And there will be, beyond a shadow of a doubt, moments that are harder than others. Part of the joy (insert sarcasm) of laying my life out here for all of you to see is that you also get to see the shitty part.
Here are some things I know for certain:
All journeys of health transformation, be it weight loss, or healing must begin from a place of love.
Not shame, Not fear, Not stress, Not unhappiness. Love.
When this is the starting place real change can happen.
But how do you love yourself when sometimes you just hate yourself?
Seriously. I know.
So here I am, tush hanging out in the breeze, letting you see the dark side of cheery Abra.
This is an exercise I use (I'll be it infrequently, hence the emotional vomit on you today) when I need a bit of a boost from a place of love. And yes, this week I need a boost.
5 Things I Love About Me. Sometimes I do 10, Sometimes it's hard to scrape together 3, but today I am going for a good solid 5.
But I want this to be a challenge for you too!
I will start us off, but I sure do hope you don't leave me hanging out here all alone.
Will you join in?
Can you list 5 things you just simply adore about yourself? I know you CAN but will you?
List yours in the comments below, I can't wait to read them! Truly.
5 Things I Simply Adore About Myself:
- I love that I am extraordinarily sensitive. I cry all the time, I laugh from my gut, and I am joyful all the way down to my toes. I feel emotion fully and immensely. Which sometimes means I hurt hard, but I am also moved by the smallest details in life. Just yesterday I witnessed a very real moment between a couple on 56th street and Broadway. They threw their heads back laughed, and kissed. I felt like an intruder into a very personal moment, but it was so sweet and special that I had tears in my eyes all the way home.
- I love that I LOVE my nieces and nephews unabashedly wholly and fully. They fill me with joy to the fullest. When I am sad I listen to voicemail messages from them, I have them saved for 3 years running now. The most recent, my 5 year old nephew yodeling. If I could I would play it for you right now and you would have no choice but to allow your heart to explode in a million pieces. It's that amazing (or Ruh-mazing, as he would say)
- I love my smile (there, something physical. happy?) It is genuine and ever present and even when times are tough or I'm having a bad day I know there will be something that makes me laugh or smile and that smile helps me move forward and find the good in the sometimes too often yucky.
- I love that I have taken something I have feared for the majority of my life and made it an everyday part of my work and being. Writing. I have always been scared of writing and although I promise my grammar isn't perfect and my punctuation sucks (don't even ask about my spelling b/c I may have just spelled grammar wrong, thank the lord for spell check) I still wake up every single day and write. That is amazing to me, and I am proud of it. I am writing my first book proposal as we speak. Me a book? Unreal.
- I love how confident I am in the kitchen. Sometimes when I am feeling less than confident in a situation I picture myself with a cutting board and knife. Seriously. It helps me stand up straighter and feel more mighty.
- I am madly in love with myself when I travel or while planning a trip. I am proud of my sense of adventure and my deep desire to explore every end of this earth. I get a thrill beyond all thrills booking a plane ticket, even if it's to Wisconsin. I just love exploring and I love that I love exploring.
Wait… did I just do 6? Well, I'll be!
Ok your turn! You can list 5 or 6… 6 will be a bonus 😉
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂