I was in the ER last week (long story…don't worry it's blog-able) and the woman next to me in triage asked if I could help fill out her “triage” card, you know, the “why are you in the ER today card.”
Sure, I said, what would you like me to write?
Sneezing, she said.
Sneezing, she repeated, I am here because I am sneezing too much.
It took every cell of my body to not be a total annoying know it all and tell sneezy to march her tookas out of the ER and head to Whole Foods for my seasonal allergy remedies.
I politely filled out her card and went on my merry way, but I want to ensure that no one else ends up in the ER for sneezing, so here you go world. Try this allergy remedy.
But first, when it comes to seasonal allergies it's super important to understand WHY we get them and why some people get them worse than others?
The reason really may surprise you. Watch this short video to find out and then scroll on down for my yummy tea recipe
Ginger Nettle Tea
- nettle tea bag - Use 2-3 tea bags or 1 cup of dried stinging nettles
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 1 inch piece of ginger chopped
- raw honey to taste
- Add nettle tea bags and fresh ginger to pot of boiling water. Turn off heat and allow to steep for 6-8 hours (I just leave the pot on the stove overnight)
- Strain tea, add honey to taste
- Enjoy either chilled or warm. Drink often
Can I Help You Meal Plan?
Enter your email below to download my free - one week - real food (mostly plants) meal plan. Grocery list, recipes, prep schedule, it's all there for you 🙂