Can I tell you a secret?
I don’t love pizza.
I KNOW! I KNOW! I’m an alien. I’m a total weirdo. Pizza is just not my favorite food, I usually feel pretty sick after I eat it and it is something that I rarely crave.
Until I made this recipe.
I made this about a week ago and haven’t stopped thinking about it since. There isn’t a traditional crust, it’s not loaded with cheese, but it has all the pizza elements and it makes me want to sing. Sing and dance. This recipe makes me want to reconsider my disdain for pizza all around. While singing and dancing.
If all pizzas tasted this clean and yummy, maybe I would feel differently.
Regardless, don’t judge my odd dislike for the most obvious food to love, just try this recipe and let me know what you think.
Comment below about your all time favorite pizza, I want to hear all about what I’m missing!!
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ¼ cup of pizza sauce (I like Muir Glen Organic)
- 4 tablespoons of goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil
- Slice eggplant into ¼ inch slices. Lay flat on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with olive oil and fresh oregano.
- Roast in a 400° oven for 10-15 minutes or until soft
- Remove from oven, coat each eggplant slice with pizza sauce and a little bit of goat cheese. Place under broiler for 3 minutes, until pizza sauce is warm and cheese is a little melty.
- Remove from oven. Top with fresh basil, eat immediately.
- You may end up eating this entire dish, that's ok. I recommend not sharing. It's better to have some things in life that are yours and yours only. Mini Goat Cheese Eggplant Pizzas are ALL YOURS.
Never Miss a Post
get new recipes right to your inbox!