Oh, the holidays are here! Tomorrow is the biggest food day of the year with a meal that usually brings with it a modest 5,000 calories. It’s only once a year right? Every year I spend the weeks between Halloween and Thanksgiving working with my clients on holiday strategies. How to get through the holidays unscathed from the stress, parties, and did I mention stress?
I grew up in a large family where holidays are a sacred time to connect with loved ones and of course eat. There is such joy in holiday food traditions, and it’s a joy that deserves to be honored.
Trouble arises when eating awareness and personal connection diminishes leaving only mindless eating… lots and lots of mindless eating.
So I’ll make this short and sweet my iron clad rules for tomorrow;
- Eat only delicious food. If it isn’t delicious, it’s not worth it.
- Eat at least one green vegetable (and if you know it’s not typically part of your Thanksgiving dinner have one for breakfast).
- Stay connected with family and friends, not just connected to food
- Don’t eat the nonsense (both literally and figuratively).
- Stay away from the frivolous food that doesn’t matter. Skip the chips, the pretzels, the mindless munchies that are only offered out of courtesy. Be courteous to yourself, don’t eat it.
- Drink water, lot’s of it.
I wish you all a glorious gratitude filled day tomorrow.
Never Miss a Post
get new recipes right to your inbox!